Filet Mignon can be one of the most delicious steaks to grill if you season it properly and cook it to that perfect doneness. Follow the steps below to get great results.
|Difficulty 3/5 Prep Time 10 MIN Cook Time 6 MIN Serves 4|
- 4 steaks Filet mignon 6-8 oz (170-225 g)
- 2 tablespoons of garlic powder
- 2 tablespoons of fresh minced thyme
- 2 tablespoons of fresh rosemary minced
- 2 tablespoons coarse pepper
- 2 teaspoons smoked salt
- olive oil
FOR THE SEAR
- 1 bag Broil King® Griller’s Select Pellet
- Mix the rub ingredients thoroughly in a small bowl. Generously coat the steak with olive oil then apply the spice rub on all surfaces of the meat, let rest before grilling.
- Turn your Broil King® Pellet grill on then press the GRILL 600°F (316°C) quick-set button. Follow the standard start-up instructions then preheat the grill completely. Brush or spray your cooking grids with cooking oil.
- Grill directly following the perfect steak grilling guide below. A filet will take generally no more than 6 minutes to achieve the perfect doneness but a thermometer is always the best way to check. You’ll want to remove the meat from the heat when it reaches an internal temperature of 135°F (57°C). Top with some smoked finishing salt and serve immediately.
- Place steak in the 10 o’clock position
- Flip the steak over in that same 10 o’clock position
- Flip the steak into the 2 o’clock position (sear marks line up with the cooking grid)
- Flip the steak over in that same 2 o’clock position