This burger has a little bit of heat from the chili sauce but is balanced nicely with the acidity of the lime pickled onions.
|Difficulty 3/5 Prep Time 30 MIN Cook Time 20 MIN Serves 4|
- 1 lb ground beef
- 2 tablespoons chili sauce
- 2 teaspoons Kosher salt
- 2 teaspoons cracked black pepper
- 1 red onion
- 1 large tomato
- 1 head lettuce
- 1 lime
- Canola oil
- Sweet chili sauce
- Sliced cheddar cheese
- Hamburger buns
- Mix together ground beef, chili sauce, salt, and pepper. Be sure spices are well incorporated before shaping meat into patties.
- Heat grill to 500°F (260°C) and place burgers directly on the grids. Reduce heat to MEDIUM and close lid. Cook for 15-20 minutes covered, check and/or flip every 5 minutes to ensure even doneness and crust. Melt cheese slices on burgers if desired.
- Slice tomato, lettuce, and onion.
- Squeeze lime juice over red onion and let stand for 15 minutes in a bowl.
- Serve on a toasted burger bun with Mayonnaise and sweet chili sauce.
Pro Tip: Flip your cooking grates to the grooved side, you get more of a full surface sear on the burger with more golden-brown bits!
Courtesy of the talented Broil King Ukraine team.