Get the most out of your machine with quick tips for how to use your top load washer.
HOW TO LOAD A TOP LOAD WASHER
- Load hard-to-move bulky items first for better interaction with the agitator or impeller.
- Throw items in loose heaps evenly around the agitator or impeller so they have room to move.
- When washing bulky single items like a rug or jacket, add a few extra items around the tub to balance the weight.
ADDING DETERGENT, SOFTENER & STAINFIGHTERS
- Pour detergent in the dispenser or, if there isn’t one, directly into the tub. Always follow the instructions on the packaging when measuring.
- If your washer is High-Efficiency (HE), only use HE detergent. Learn more about HE detergent with this quick guide.
- If using detergent pods, color-safe bleach or fabric softener crystals, add them directly to the tub before loading clothes. Do not put in the dispenser or on top of clothes.
- Use designated dispensers when adding liquid chlorine bleach and fabric softener. Check your owner’s manual for specific instructions.
KNOW YOUR NOISES
At different stages of the wash cycle, you might hear noises that sound different from your previous washer.
- Clicking at the beginning of the cycle means the washer is locking the lid in place and testing that it’s secure.
- Humming and whirring sounds occur when the agitator is moving the load or the tub is slowing down.
- Silence may indicate that the washer is soaking clothes or determining the right water level for your load