National Cut Your Energy Costs Day encourages consumers to explore their options and keep up with scheduled maintenance. Each year, on January 10th, the observance provides information designed to help homeowners and businesses to reduce energy costs and improve efficiency. Did you know that tuning up your heating system can save you up to three to ten percent?
It is often in the little things that you do that can save you big money on your energy bill, such as:
* Weatherproof your home
* Replace old windows with new energy-efficient windows
* Replace old furnace with new energy-efficient furnace
* Properly maintain furnace
* Use solar heat if possible
* Turn down thermostats
* Turning off lights when leaving a room
* Use energy-efficient compact fluorescent light bulbs
* Run dishwasher and washing machine only when fully loaded
* Lower water heater temperature
* Take shorter showers
* Unplug unused appliances
* Carpool whenever possible
Save money by replacing your current appliances with Energy Star rated products.
Did you know you can save 25% up to $500 on qualifying Energy Star rated appliances at TA Appliance? See the full list of qualifying products here.