Watch Iron Chef & BlueStar All Star Michael Symon as he demonstrates how to make Grilled Flank Steak & Corn Bacon Salad in his Cleveland kitchen featuring a 60″ BlueStar range.
GRILLED FLANK STEAK WITH CORN & BACON SALAD
- 2 pounds flank steak
- kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 pound thick-cut bacon, diced
- 4 ears sweet corn, kernels cut from the cob (about 3 cups)
- pinch of crushed red pepper flakes
- 2 tablespoons sherry vinegar
- 2 cups loosely packed arugula
- 1 small red onion, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup water
1) Preheat a grill or grill pan to medium-high heat
2) Season the steak on both sides with salt and black pepper. Drizzle with 3 tablespoons of the olive oil, put on the grill, and cover. Cover and cook until nicely charred and the meat releases from the grill, about 3 minutes. Flip and cook until medium-rare, about 2 minutes.
3) Meanwhile, put a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the remaining 1 tablespoon olive oil and the bacon and cook until almost crisp, about 2 minutes. Don’t drain off the fat. Add the corn and cook for 2 minutes. Add the red pepper flakes and 1/2 cup water and deglaze the pan, scraping with a wooden spoon to get up the browned bits on the bottom of the pan. Stir in the vinegar. Taste and adjust the seasoning, adding salt and black pepper as needed.
4) Remove the steak to a cutting board and slice against the grain. Top with the corn and bacon, arugula, and onion and serve.