Another unique and delicious way to grill food is by using a wooden plank. This is a surefire way to get delicious results and wow your dinner guests. The smoke created from the plank sitting directly above a lit burner infuses the meat with unsurpassed grilled flavour.
Using a plank is simple:
- Soak it in water for at least an hour and pat it dry
- Pre-heat your grill on HIGH for 10 minutes
- Coat both sides of the plank with olive oil then place the seasoned meat on it
- Place the plank on the grill directly over the lit burner and reduce the heat to MEDIUM-LOW
- Cook the meat to its desired doneness
- Cedar planks are ideal for salmon but don’t be afraid to try other meats with it. Pork goes great on a maple plank and lamb is delicious on alder.
Note: Make sure to be careful while handling the plank after grilling and that it is fully extinguished before discarding.