Update your breakfast routine with this simple and healthy California-Style Fried Egg Avocado Toast.
• 2 medium ripe avocados, pitted and diced
• Juice from 1/2 lime
• Salt and pepper to taste
• 4 slices bread, toasted
• 1 medium tomato, thinly sliced
• 1 sweet pepper, thinly sliced
• 1-2 tablespoons vegetable oil
• 4 large eggs
1. Place diced avocado in a medium bowl, Mash thoroughly with lime juice, and salt and pepper to taste. Divide smashed avocado between toast slices. Top toast with tomato and pepper slices. Set aside for a moment.
2. Make the fried eggs: Working in batches, heat oil in a medium saucepan over medium-high heat until shimmery. Crack 2 eggs into pan and sprinkle eggs with salt and pepper. Allow eggs to cook, without flipping until whites of eggs are set. Carefully remove from pan with a spatula and transfer to a plate. Repeat step 2 with remaining 2 eggs.
3. Carefully arrange fried eggs on top of each toast.