- 16 oz barbecue sauce
- ¼ cup bourbon
- 2 lbs boneless skinless chicken thighs, cut into 1″ pieces
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon ground white pepper
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon onion powder
- 2 tablespoons paprika
- 3 tablespoons packed dark brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon smoked paprika
- 6 slices raw bacon, cut into small pieces
- Light the grill and heat to medium-high
- In a small bowl, combine the BBQ sauce and bourbon. Mix well.
- In a food processor, combine the kosher salt, white pepper, onion powder, paprika, garlic powder, dark brown sugar, smoked paprika, and bacon. Pulse until completely smooth.
- Put the chicken thigh pieces in a bowl and then rub with the bacon paste. Once well-coated, thread the chicken thigh pieces onto skewers (pre-soaked, if they’re wooden).
- Place the kebabs on the preheated grill. Cook for about 5 minutes per side, or until nearly cooked through.
- Brush the kebabs with the bourbon barbecue sauce and cook for an additional minute on each side.
- Serve with the remaining BBQ sauce.
Bacon Bourbon BBQ Chicken Kebabs
Recipe adapted from Host the Toast. For more information, visit the website.