Tis the season for eating Turkey and if you are one of the growing number of chefs thinking about grilling your holiday bird, here are 5 reasons to help convince you why you should.
- Flavor – what grilling is all about. You can’t beat the flavor, texture or aroma of a grilled turkey. Grilling also allows you to add another layer of flavor by adding smoke to the grilling environment.
- More room in your oven. Cooking your turkey on your grill leaves lots of oven space for other delicious menu items like scalloped potatoes and pumpkin pie.
- Clean-up is a breeze. If you grill your turkey you won’t have a roasting pan to soak and scrub – but you can still use a disposable roasting pan to catch drippings for gravy.
- Impressive presentation – a beautifully grilled turkey with golden-brown, crispy skin is sure to impress your friends and family.
- Create a separate space – On a warm Thanksgiving day, some of your guests will certainly want to see what all the fuss is about – let them gather around the grill and offer up some appetizers in your outdoor space.
It’s that simple.
Here are some helpful links for getting started:
Grilling Turkey – Rotisserie Method
Grilling Turkey – Convection Method