This is a quick dessert for unexpected guests, using ingredients that you have on hand. Our favorite fruit pizza uses raspberries from the berry patch at the cottage, but any soft fruit will do.
- 1 store bought thin pizza shell
- 1 tsp lime zest, grated
- 2 tbsp confectioner’s sugar
- 8 oz cream cheese, at room temperature
- 2 tbsp honey
- 1 tbsp lime juice
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- 1 cup soft fruit (peaches, kiwi, strawberries)
- Preheat barbecue on MEDIUM and clean grids thoroughly. Reduce heat to LOW.
- Combine cream cheese, lime zest and confectioner’s sugar and spread over the thin pizza crust. Top with a variety of fruit and place on the grill, cooking just until cream cheese begins to soften and melt, approximately 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, combine honey, lime juice and cinnamon, and brush over the fruit as the pizza cooks.
Source: Broil King Blog: http://www.broilkingbbq.com/recipes/desserts/fruit_pizza