Prep. time: 25 min Cook time: 50 min
1 butternut squash (2 1/2 lb)
¼ cup butter or margarine
2 large cloves garlic, finely chopped
¼ cup Progresso™ panko bread crumbs
⅓cup grated Parmesan cheese
¼ teaspoon salt
⅛ teaspoon pepper
¼ cup chopped fresh parsley
1. Heat oven to 375°F. Spray 13×9-inch (3-quart) glass baking dish with cooking spray. Peel, halve lengthwise and seed squash; cut into 1/2-inch-thick slices. Arrange with slices overlapping slightly in bottom of baking dish.
2. In 2-quart saucepan, melt butter over medium heat. Reduce heat to low. Add garlic; cook 2 to 3 minutes, stirring frequently, until garlic is soft and butter is infused with garlic flavor. Do not let butter brown.
3. In small bowl, mix breadcrumbs, cheese and 1 tablespoon of the butter-garlic mixture.
4. Brush squash slices with remaining butter-garlic mixture. Sprinkle with salt, pepper and bread crumb mixture.
5. Bake uncovered 30 to 40 minutes or until squash is tender when pierced with fork. Increase oven temperature to 425°F; bake 5 to 10 minutes longer or until lightly browned. Before serving, sprinkle parsley over top.