Try to find pork that has not already been seasoned in the grocery store. This recipe benefits from a long (24 hour) marinating time.
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 tbsp fresh ginger, minced
- 1/4 cup cider vinegar
- 1/2 cup apple cider
- 2 tbsp brown sugar
- 1 tbsp dijon mustard
- 1 tbsp fresh rosemary, chopped
- 1 tsp black pepper, freshly ground
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 3 1/2 lb pork loin
- In a small mixing bowl combine all the ingredients except the olive oil. Slowly whisk in the olive oil. Place the pork loin in a heavy resealable plastic bag, and pour the marinade over top. Place the bag in a flat dish. Marinate for 6 – 24 hours turning occasionally.
- Place drip pan beneath grids, fill it half full with water or a combination of water, wine and apple cider. Preheat barbecue on HIGH. Reduce heat to LOW, brush grids with olive oil, and place roast on the grids. Cook for 1 1/2 hours, turning occasionally and basting with the marinade.
This recipe is courtesy of our friends at Broil King