The richness of grilled duck is offset by the flavour of spiced veggies in this classic Asian dish.
- Prep Time: 45 minutes
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Makes: 8 servings
ALL YOU NEED
- pc (300 g) duck breast
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) Club House La Grille Maple Bacon Seasoning, divided
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) vegetable oil, divided
- 1 cup (250 mL) cooked rice vermicelli
- 1/3 cup (82 1/2 mL) each julienne carrots, red onion and red peppers
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) each sliced green onions, rice vinegar and soy sauce
- 2 tsps (10 mL) mirin
- 1 tsp (5 mL) sesame oil
- 8 pieces rice paper, 8-in (20 cm) round
- Preheat grill to medium-high heat. Place duck in a medium bowl and add 1 tbsp (15 mL) seasoning and 1 tbsp (15 mL) vegetable oil. Mix well, cover and marinate for 20 minutes.
- Grill duck to medium rare; chill thoroughly.
- In a medium bowl, combine noodles, carrot, onions, peppers and green onions. In a small bowl, whisk together remaining vegetable oil, rice vinegar and 2 tsp (10 mL) seasoning. Add to noodles and cover for 20 minutes.
- In a small bowl, combine soy sauce, mirin, sesame oil and remaining seasoning; set aside to use as a dipping sauce.
- Dip rice paper into warm water until soft, then place onto clean cutting board. Place ¼ cup (50 mL) of noodle mix into the centre. Slice duck breast very thin and place 3 slices on top of noodles.
- Roll rice paper up starting from bottom, and fold in the sides. Repeat with remaining rice paper, noodle mixture and duck. Serve with dipping sauce.
Find this recipe and more from Flavour.CA